Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Spiritual/Character Goal For Tiffany

Ridiculous Goals for Tiffany
-spiritual / character goals
Tiffany Choi Writing1B


Patience is highly-needed eminence for students in order to study well and learn a lot of knowledge. If I have enough endurance when I am studying, then there will be a lot of As in my report card. But I don’t kill time enough to be done or terminate some of my work, so I start new things instead of finishing my old work. For example, if I plan to read the Bible, I stop reading after a few days by way of excuse that I have no time or I need to do something else. I always remember that Bible and Christ is the most important thing of all, but I can’t concentrate on reading Bible when I have much homework from the school. I hope to read some Bible verses a day.

When I was born, I was a Christian and a normal girl. Even though I didn’t desire to be a Christian, I had to be the one. As I grew up, I realized that I’m so fortunate to be born in a Christian family. I started to love God more than anything, and by the helps from church, mother and friends, I could read Bible and pray for God; Even though it lasted only several years. Honestly, I’ve never read Bible since last weekend. I wish I could read a little bit more to help myself studying and getting mature in spiritual way. I’ll keep in touch with God to solve this huge problem.

People typically say that I’m so comical and humorous that when they are talking with me, they can smile and laugh as much as they can. I feel so thankful for God about the fact that I have a talent of talking in front of people, but there is a little, tiny problem about the merit. I talk too much about myself and the other people. Although the talking stories don’t go any depth in dreadful ways, I talk a lot. I sometimes got warnings and bad grades because of my talking habits. This year, I’ll seek not to be talkative with my friends in the classes. In order to fix this habit, I’ll concentrate on the things that I do and look at the teacher’s eyes.

“I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”(Philippians.3:14, NIV) When I read this verse everyday at the school, I reflect about myself studying and working on the significant job that I should do with pleased mind. As a student of Taejeon International Student, I want to be one of the hard-working students in spiritual and intellectual ways.

I pray to God about myself to be gracious and faithful as I live day by day in his words. If there are obstacles in my life, I wish I can get over them by myself with my courage and faith.






-THE END

No comments: